The Supreme Committee for Dealing with # COVID19 decided to resume a new package of commercial and industrial activities as of Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
The Ministry of Regional Municipalities and Water Resources on Tuesday announced the list of the activities that have been exempted from the shutdown measures. The ministry said that the reopened activities are required to follow health standards.
The following activities will be allowed to reopen from Wednesday, June 24.
As of Wednesday the 24th of June, the activities below may carry on operations (according to the Supreme Committee in charge of dealing with COVID-19 and under the supervision of the Ministry of Regional Municipalities and Water Resources). All activities must adhere to given health requirements.
Newly re-opened activities include:
- Shopping malls and commercial complexes (Children under the age of 12 and adults over the age of 60 will not be allowed to visit malls).
- The following fish markets: Muttrah, Sohar, Al-Suwaiq, Al-Seib, Qurayyat, Al-Ashkhara and Ibri
- Fabrics and textiles stores
- Shops selling dyes and polishing materials
- Shops selling and repairing conventional weapons
- Manpower recruitment offices
- Cameras and security systems offices
- Plastic and paper waste stores
- Pottery and handicrafts trading
- Used spare parts shops
- Doors and windows shops
- Kitchen showrooms
- Companies and offices selling and maintaining elevators and escalators
- Building and construction contracting offices
- Accessories and artificial ornaments shops
- Blankets and bed sheets stores
- Wooden and iron boxes shops
- Shops and factories selling charcoal and fuelwood
- Iron and aluminum products shops
- Real estate brokerage offices
- Furniture upholstery
- Blacksmith accessories and aluminum strips shops
- Audio tapes stores
- Wedding dresses and accessories stores
- Building cleaning offices
- Car seat upholstery
- Metal turnery
- Artistic production stores and offices
- Thermal insulation installation offices
- Ice factories
- Selling, repairing and making musical instruments
- Offices specialized in ink filling
- Financing offices
- Industry of fate
- Air conditioners and washing machines repair shops
- Workshop supplies stores
- Shipping and customs clearance offices
- Metal engraving offices
- Manufacture of containers
- Making Omani daggers (Khanjar)
- Financial Brokerage Office
- Ironing and laundry shops
- Sale and installation of equipment for hotels, restaurants and kitchens
- Specialized stores selling glass
- Shops that repair and install products and glass panels
- Specialized stores selling tickets, antiques and paintings
- Advertising and media institutions
- Shops that cut used tires
- Manufacturing and installation of gypsum works
- Integrated tailoring workshops and garment factories
- Men’s and women’s tailor shops
- Driving schools
- Travel and tourism offices
- Family counseling offices
- Hospitality services companies
- Opening of camel tracks and fields for camel training only
Precautions for visitors, retailers and admin at malls and commercial complexes:
- People aged 60 years and over and children under 12 are not allowed in.
- Car parks in the mall should be at 50% capacity; taking into account physical spacing.
- The prayer hall will remain closed until further notice.
- Focal points must be placed inside the mall to monitor and ensure that customers wear face masks, prevent customers from gathering in the same place and prevent entry in the event that the mall is getting crowded.
- Customers must wear face masks at all times.
- All mall visitors, retail store employees and third-party contract employees are subjected to heat checks through thermal cameras placed at all entrances.
- All mall seats must be removed from public areas.
- Retailers, third-party contract employees and logistical business employees such as delivery or unloading must inform the center’s manager of information about infected or contacted cases subject to sanitary isolation procedures, and they must notify the center’s administration in the event of any symptoms related to Covid-19 among employees, for the center’s management to take appropriate actions.
- Malls must provide soap and tissue paper in the toilets.
- Malls must ensure that there are a sufficient number of waste containers, especially in the entrances and exits of the commercial center and parking lots.
- All tenants must clean and sterilize the stores before opening them so that mall operations are safe to operate under the current conditions.
- Retail business owners must provide hand sanitizers at the gates to enter the store or at the cashier counters, and they must be provided in multiple locations in larger stores.
- Hand dryers in all toilets should be closed.
- The mall department will routinely inspect retail stores to ensure effective and frequent disinfection and sterilization by all outlets.
- Retailers should not move an employee from one branch to another, and the mall administration should follow up on that.
- A general guidance board should be placed on all entrances to the mall.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, it is important to clean generally touched surfaces, especially phone screens and laptops, these devices should be sterilized using 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes or antiseptic wipes.
- The commercial center reserves the right to take the necessary measures to close a shop or inform the competent or concerned municipality of any retailer that does not comply with the precautionary measures specified.
إضافة إلى الأنشطة السابقة المسموح لها بمزاولة أعمالها.
وزارة البلديات الإقليمية وموارد المياه تعلن عن الحزمة الجديدة ( الرابعة ) للأنشطة المسموح لها بمزاولة أعمالها، وذلك اعتبارًا من يوم غدا الأربعاء الموافق 24 يونيو 2020م. مع ضرورة الالتزام بالضوابط والاشتراطات الصحية المرفقة . pic.twitter.com/JLuHNNWBiV
— وزارة البلديات الإقليمية وموارد المياه – عُمان (@mrmwroman) June 23, 2020
more recommended stories
Oman Air announces special flights to Karachi from Muscat
OmanAir said in a statement that.
Oman to conduct National Serological Survey from July 12
The Sultanate of Oman, represented by.
SalamAir announces special flights from Oman to Karachi, Sialkot, Multan, Islamabad, Peshawar
Oman’s budget airline SalamAir has announced.
Oman announces national survey to know spread of coronavirus
The 12th Press conference of the.
India announces 6 more repatriation flights from Oman to Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, Trivandrum, Hydrebad, Bengaluru, Mangaluru
Government of India announced it has.
Oman Fuel Prices for the month of July 2020 announced
Fuel prices for the the month.
COVID-19: List of Preventive measures for fish markets Muttrah, Suhar, Al Suwaiq, Al Seeb, Qurayyat, al Ashkharah and Ibri
As operation resume in Fish markets.
COVID-19: Muscat Municipality announces list of Preventive measures for tailor shops or factories
Muscat: The Muscat Municipality announces list.
No shortage of food items in the Sultanate’s markets
Muscat: A number of officials in.
Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries urges fishermen to take COVID-19 precautionary measures
Muscat: The Ministry of Agriculture and.