Muscat: The National Emergency Management Committee decided at its meeting to evacuate residents of the Hallaniyat Islands and coastal areas in the wilayat Salalah, Rakhyut and Dhalkot in preparation for dealing with the tropical condition “Tej”.
The National Emergency Management Committee reiterates the readiness and sustainability of the efforts to deal with the tropical condition TEJ. The Committee decides to evacuate the areas expected to be affected.
– The National Committee for Emergency : Management follows up on preparedness “efforts to deal with the tropical condition “TEJ
Sunday October 22, 2023
The meeting was chaired by:
His Excellency Lieutenant General Hassan bin Mohsen Al Shariqi, Inspector General of Police and Customs, Chairman of the National Committee for Emergency Management
– Developments in numerical readings related to the case and their potential effects
– Proactive measures taken by various sectors
– Emphasizing the readiness and sustainability of public services
– Preparing shelter centers and ensuring the provision of food and medical supplies
– Supporting the response operations with the necessary resources and capabilities in places expected to be affected by the tropical condition in Dhofar and Al Wusta Governorates.
– Evacuation of the residents of the following areas:
– Al Hallaniyat Islands in Dhofar Governorate
– Coastal areas in the Willayats of Salalah, Rakhyut, and Dhalkot
– Suspension of work on Monday and Tuesday in Dhofar Governorate and Willayat Al Jazir in Al Wusta Governorate.
more recommended stories
Omani-Iranian Joint Committee holds 20th meeting in Tehran
Tehran: The Omani-Iranian Joint Committee held.
Al Buraimi University College celebrates graduation of 17th batch
Al Buraimi: Al Buraimi University College.
Annual Forum for Career Guidance and Scientific Research Kicks off at OCEC
Muscat: Oman Medical Specialty Board (OMSB).
Oman’s Council of Ministers receives Qatari Delegation
Muscat: The Secretariat General of the.
Second edition of Dhofar Theatre Festival begins
Salalah: The Dhofar Theatre Festival in.
UTAS-SOHAR launches the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Sohar: The University of Technology and.
First professional associations forum “Partnership and Networking” begins
Muscat: Professional associations in Oman today.
Royal Air Force of Oman celebrates graduation of pilots and officers
Muscat: The Royal Air Force of Oman.
Ministry of Information Organizes Workshop on Roles, Sustainability of Omani Journalism
Muscat: The Ministry of Information today.
MoCIIP continue inspection campaign for e-payment services in Muscat
Oman’s MoCIIP continue inspection campaign for.