Muscat: His Excellency Dr.Muhad bin Saeed Baouin, Minister of Labor, issued Ministerial Resolution No. (232/2020) on work status correction for non-Omani workforce, within the framework of regulating the labor market.
The ministry of labour has announced that employers to get a grace period to correct the work status of their non-Omani employees during the period from 6/12/2020 to 6/01/2021, in the following cases:
– Modify the profession of the non-Omani workforce from Omanized professions to other professions in accordance with the requirements of the profession
– Modify the professions of the non-Omani workforce from banned sectors to other professions or vice versa, and permitting the amendment of occupations at different professional levels in accordance with the requirements of the profession.
– Modify and transfer the data of the non-Omani manpower from one business activity to another in the same establishment accordance with the established licensing requirements.
– Amending the wages of the non-Omani manpower according to work contracts approved by the ministry, and an exception to the requirement to attach a bank account statement for the worker.
– Transferring non-Omani manpower services from employers who are required to stop services from the ministry to another employer after paying the fees and fines imposed on the worker, if any.
– An employer may apply for a license to bring in and engage in work for the non-Omani manpower from within the Sultanate, in the suspended activities, construction work, brick factories, and cleaning work, if the conditions prescribed for the license are met.
Cancellation of the worker leaving the work notification after paying the fees decided to cancel the report, fees and fines resulting from the expiration of the worker’s license to practice work, and an exception to the period stipulated for canceling the notification by the employer.
It is noteworthy that this decision was based on the Labor Law issued by Royal Decree No. (35/2003), and the Royal Decree No. (89/2020) to establish the Ministry of Labor, define its terms of reference and approve its organizational structure.
more recommended stories
More than 1.5 Million Vehicles on Oman roads by the end of 2020
Muscat: The total number of vehicles.
Special flight from Muscat to Salalah for Only OMR 4
Muscat: Oman’s budget airline SalamAir announces.
New working hours for Mawaleh Central Market: Muscat Municipality
Muscat: Muscat Municipality has announced on.
His Majesty Sultan Haitham sends cable of congratulations to Indian President
Muscat: His Majesty the Sultan sends.
Oman’s Ministry of Commerce Launches New Package of Online Services
Muscat: The Ministry of Commerce, Industry.
Omani donates more than OMR 500,000 to Hospital
Muscat: Sheikha Amina Bint Saud Bahwan.
Municipality raids Abandoned house in Muttrah
Muscat: Municipality raids Abandoned house in.
His Majesty Sultan Haitham issues three Royal Decrees
Muscat: His Majesty Sultan Haitham Bin.
Plans for Omanisation on teaching professional in Oman: Ministry of Education
Muscat: Oman’s Ministry of Education plans.
Oman’s Ministry of Health denies rumours on number of Covid-19 cases
Muscat: Ministry of Health denies rumours.