Muscat: Ministry of Heritage and Tourism (MHT) Updates Hotel Establishment Regulations
Within the framework of the periodic review, the Ministry of Heritage and Tourism is pleased to announce the update of the controls for establishing new hotel facilities, in order to achieve balance in the quality of hotel establishments as of February 1, 2024, as follows:
– Adherence to classification and quality standards and controls specified in the executive regulations of the Tourism Law regulating hotel and tourist establishments. This mechanism applies to all new applications for the establishment of hotel establishments with their approved classifications, and the various land uses that are granted Permitted facilities will be built on it.
Approvals for the establishment of new hotel facilities are issued according to the project location and the permitted categories as follows:
First: Suspended hotel projects:
– Muscat: Suspending requests to establish all hotel activities in the Muscat Governorate, except for the states of Quriyat and Al Amerat.
– Dhofar: Suspending the activity of regular hotel apartments in the Wilayat of Salalah only.
– Al Wusta: Stopping one- and two-star hotels and rest houses in the wilayats of Mahut, Haima and Duqm.
– Interior: Stopping regular hotel apartments, rest houses, one- and two-star hotels, and rest houses in all states of the governorate.
– Al Dhahirah: Stopping one- and two-star hotels and rest houses in the city center in the Wilayat of Ibri, and guest houses in the city center in the Wilayat of Ibri.
– Al Buraimi: Stopping guest houses, except for the Wilayat of Sunaina.
– Musandam: Stopping one-star hotels, rest houses and guest houses in the state of Khasab.
– North Al Batinah: Stopping one- and two-star hotels, rest houses, regular hotel apartments, and hospitality hostels in all states of the governorate.
– South Al Batinah: Stopping hospitality hostels in the states of Barka and Al Musanna, and camps in all states except the state of Nakhal.
– North Al Sharqiyah: Stopping one- and two-star hotels, rest houses, and regular hotel apartments in the state of Ibra.
– South Al Sharqiyah: Stopping guest houses, regular hotel apartments, and two-star hotels in the Wilayat of Sur, and one-star hotels and rest houses in all states except the Wilayat of Jaalan Bani Bu Ali.
Second: Permitted hotel projects:
– Muscat: All hotel activities of various categories and classification levels in the wilayats of Quriyat and Al Amerat only.
– The rest of the governorates: All other hotel activities of various categories and classification levels in all states of the governorate.
في إطار المراجعة الدورية يسر وزارة التراث والسياحة الإعلان عن تحديث الضوابط لإقامة المنشآت الفندقية الجديدة، تحقيقًا للتوازن في نوعية المنشآت الفندقية اعتبارًا من تاريخ 1 فبراير 2024م.#تراث_وسياحة pic.twitter.com/SeL541Au7u
— وزارة التراث والسياحة – عُمان (@OmanMHT) January 23, 2024
more recommended stories
SAF Shooting Championship concludes
Muscat: The 34th Sultan’s Armed Forces.
Crafts Exhibition opens in Rustaq
Rustaq: The Oman Crafts Exhibition was.
Kuwaiti Embassy in Oman celebrates National Day and Liberation Day
Muscat: The Embassy of the State.
Oman’s ambassador to Bosnia and Herzegovina presents credentials
Sarajevo: His Excellency President Zeljko Komšić.
Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Nizwa Magazine
Muscat: The Ministry of Information will.
28th Muscat Int’l Book Fair Kicks Off with Participation from 34 Countries
Muscat int’l book fair kicks off,.
Preparations for “Sur Maritime Heritage Festival” complete
Committee of the Sur Maritime Heritage.
Oman Hosts 9th meeting of ESCWA Social Protection Systems Reform Team in the Arab Region
Muscat: Represented by the Ministry of.
Oman reviews criminal judicial procedures with GCC states
Muscat: The Sultanate of Oman today.
OQ8 Celebrates 100th Export Vessel, Reinforcing Its Strategic Edge in Global Supply Chains
Duqm: OQ8, a $9 billion joint.