Muscat: His Majesty Sultan Haitham bin Tariq bin Tarik, may God protect him, issued yesterday a royal decree, to form the Board of Governors of the Central Bank of Oman (CBO).
Royal Decree No. (07/2020) to form the Board of Governors of the Central Bank of Oman
Article 1 – The Board of Governors of the Central Bank of Oman is formed under the chairmanship of His Highness Sayyid Taymour bin Asaad bin Tariq Al Said, with the membership of the following:
- Minister of Economy. (as Deputy Chairman)
- Undersecretary of the Ministry of Finance.
- The CEO of the Capital Market Authority.
- Maqbool bin Ali bin Sultan al-Lawati.
- Sheikh Muhammad bin Saud bin Salem Bahwan al-Mukhaini.
- Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Abdullah Al-Abri.
The Board’s Membership is for a period of 5 years from the date of enforcement of this decree.
Article 2- cancels all the contravenes this decree or contradicts with its provisions
Article 3 – This decree shall be published in the official gazette and enforced from the date of its issue